Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Cuckoo Clock - Flying Unicorn Off The Page

Good afternoon, everyone! I have yet another non-layout project to share today. Here is my Off The Page project from this month's "Sweet Days" kit from Flying Unicorn. If you didn't know, each month the main kit comes with an OTP project, which I think is just really really cool :) this month we received a ready to assemble cuckoo clock from Kaisercraft! How neat, right? It really works, too!!
This is what it looked like before:
Cuckoo Clock
Here is what I created with it:


 I used the new Prima Engraver collection (available in the store), along with the Sunrise Sunset Mechanicals (clock faces). I used Kroma Crackle over black gesso for the scalloped trims.

 The little wooden birds that also came in the kit were SO much fun to decorate. I coated them in gesso, outlined with a black Gelato, then added touches of the teal paint from the embellishment add on. The chipboard flourishes are Blue Fern.

 I also used a whole bunch of the Flying Unicorn Adornments, the clocks that are hanging from the vines/chains below the clock.



This was most definitely my favorite OTP to work with so far! Thanks for stopping in and having a look!!


27 comments:

cebelica said...

This is an amazing piece of art. Absolutely stunning! Hugs! xx

Натали said...

Обалденно!!!

catz said...

wow....it's gorgeous!!!

Keren Tamir said...

Amazing OTP Kelly!! You did wonders with it!! Love all the texture

wendipooh13 said...

this is gorgeous oh my gosh!!!! LOVE LOVE everything about it!!! stunning!!!

Megs said...

OMG Kelly this absolutely stunning!! I love it!

Vicki said...

Wow - I absolutely love it. :)

pattyo said...

I admire your patience and creativity OTP. This is beautiful!

Sandra said...

Wow Kelly the finished look is amazing, what a great job you've done here.

Phi said...

Gosh my jaw just dropped. This is a stunning piece.

Monica said...

omg....this is stunning!!! The attention to detail is just amazing!
xoxo

Davi said...

Gorgeous,,,love all those wonderful details ;)

Shona said...

you rocked this clock :)

Lizzy Hill said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty - LOVE your birds & isn't it fab that it actually WORKS???!!!! These colours are divine, too:):):)

Heather McMahon said...

Oh this is sensational! Love the colour combo.

Lizzyc said...

This is gorgeous! what a transformation! I am sure it must look wonderful on your wall!!

Vicky Varvadouka said...

WOWOWOW!!!!!!!!! Fantastic job Kelly!!!!!!!!xx

Cindy Keogh said...

This is gorgeous Kelly!

scapmanufaktur said...

This is so beautiful Kelky!!!

Dot said...

Well done on all your stunning projects, your work is breath-taking!

Helen Tilbury said...

Oh WOW these clocks are just cutest! I've seen them all over the pace but yours is by far the best!!

Sandy said...

Beautifully done Kelly - Your eye for detail is amazing' Love the pocket watch hanging by a chain. Wonderful craftsmanship!
Sandy

Laurie LaRiviere said...

Kelly, when I saw this one facebook I was in awe of how gorgeous it is, but here on the blog with detailed shots, wow, sooo nice!!

Sarah said...

OMGosh I love cuckoo clocks!!! This is just stunning kelly I am totally in love with it !

Channa said...

Amazing work kelly!!! wow

Rachael Funnell said...

WOW! your have done AN INCREDIBLE JOB... The details are Sooooo AWESOME!!!

WillieburgScrapper said...

Kelly if you don't mind I have a million questions. How long would a project like this take you? Do you work on it all at once or do you come back to it over time? How do you decide what colors and shape elements to use? I'm just trying to gauge if it's normal for me to take hours for my clean and simple pages because I see you making such amazing work so consistently and wondering if maybe I have a few bad habits I need to break- like too much tv. LOVELY project- I'm really drawn to the way you use paint and distress techiques- the work always looks so textured- it's gorgeous.