This photo is a bit of an enthusiastic one of my oldest, Wyatt. I recently took all the kids out to our remote little spot on the lake by our house for a picnic, our first trip out there this year. It was incredible to think that it was just over 8 months ago that I was last there- when I was just about due with Aspen and I took one last ride out there with the boys before leaving to go and stay with Kelly to wait to go into labor. Bringing Aspen to this special place for the first time was a bit surreal- it was almost as if she'd already seen it, since she'd "been" there so many times before :). It was nice to be able to watch her sit on the rocks by the lake (putting every one of them in her mouth of course!), while her brothers had the greatest time throwing stones into the water.
And of course my hidden journaling- can't forget the story! I generally have a lot to say, so hidden journaling is something I include on almost every one of my layouts :). I've also used my sewing machine to stitch around the balloons and "picnic invite" card, just to add a hint of texture and to draw in some more brown coloring into the page.
Products Used (linked to their location in the Scrappin' Patch store):
- Webster'sPages Seaside Retreat "Reader's Paradise" paper
- Webster'sPages Western Romance "Gratitude" paper
- Webster'sPages Western Romance "Date Night" paper
- Webster'sPages Sunday Picnic "Picnic Basket" paper
- Webster'sPages Sunday Picnic "Rainbow Sky" paper
- Webster'sPages Let's Celebrate Sparklers "Vintage II Buttons"
- Webster'sPages "Florettes"
- Prima flowers
- American Crafts Thickers
- 7 Dots Studio mini alpha stickers